Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 1

We got on the road this morning by 9:30am and made it to Roseville by 4pm. Long day with lots of stops. Newly diaper-free Eli had to "go potty" lots which meant we all got out of the car atleast 7 times. The drive on 299 was beautiful and very hot. Last time I drove 299 there was still snow and it was very cold. Today couldn't have been prettier. There were lots of Deer which Olivia said "was very exciting!" although I didn't agree. Only once did one cross the road in front of us, and it did so with plenty of warning.
We got to Roseville and it was still 88 degrees. Marcy's son and my kids warmed up to eachother right away. Marcy turned on the slip-n-slide which was a welcome activity for my kids.




Next we had to take the car out for a spin...



Then we had to play some air hockey...

Now we need to play the drums...



Whew...we took a break for some awesome carne-asada and chicken soft tacos and a few margaritas. But that didn't last...two time outs for Eli and the kids were back at it. Bike riding, scootering, game of tag and of course...one more time around in the Cadillac...


Back on the road tomorrow. Hope you are ready Aunt Sharon!

1 comment:

  1. I thought I posted a comment.
    I just want to make my reservations for this very cool vacation spot. What a great way to start a vacation.

    ReplyDelete