Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 3

Woke up and had a wonderful waffle and bacon breakfast courtesy of Grandma and Grandpa "who live in the desert". Gotta a later then intended start, but crossed into Arizona at about 12:45. We stopped in Kingman so that Aunt Sharon could experience her first In-N-Out Burger. Next we stopped in Seligman on historic Route 66. At the end of the main drag is Delgadillos Snow Cap which is a historic and fun restaurant owned by family of ours. We stopped in to say Hi and although I hadn't been there since I was 12, they knew who I was, gave us big hugs, free ice cream and let us use the restroom. So glad we stopped.

From there we headed towards Williams, AZ where we would take the loop to the Grand Canyon Park. Thanks to Mom (thanks Mom!) we finally found a reservation at a hotel just outside the park gate. The kids were very antsy from driving all day, so we went for a quick swim and had pizza and salad in our room afterwards. Aunt Sharon and I talked about ways we could see the Grand Canyon tomorrow in our limited time here, and got a crazy idea to look into helicopter tours. We did some research online and talked to the front desk about who they recommend and use. I found a coupon online and we are booked for a 10am, 25 minute tour of the South Rim. The kids are very excited and so are we. I will update tomorrow after our adventure!


Here is one more picture from yesterday. We stopped at a farm fruit and nut stand outside of Bakersfield, CA.


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are all having lots of fun! Enjoy the ride and the great view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you gave me time to say a prayer or two! Wow, that is very exciting. Pictures Pictures Pictures. Love the fruity picture of my three pumpkins. This is a vacation they will remember.
    love you all,
    barbara

    So Sharon, what was your verdict on the In N Out?

    ReplyDelete