They also visited a chocolate store where they bought treats to share. Olivia is pretty enamoured with her big cousin.
I asked Rachel if she would then drive me to pick up my car. I figured I should call first. I googled the name of the shop with the street name and city/state. I got 2 results and called the first one. When I asked if my black Chevy Tahoe was ready, they said "hold on..." and transferred me to another person. I asked the 2nd person again if my black Chevy Tahoe was ready. This person also said "hold on...". Again I asked a 3rd person about my car. She said "you know that you called the Taco Cabana...a restaurant...not The Cabana". Now why did it take 3 people to tell me that?
My car is again beautiful and clean. I am so used to having limited options at home. Here there are so many options and very competitive prices, that I am going to look into getting a few other things done while I have the chance.
Tonight I made chicken enchiladas with the New Mexican chili powder we got in Albuquerque. Mom...I did you proud. They were a hit. I also made Spanish rice and a salad. For the kids I heated up some black beans to go on the rice and called it dinner.
On our list of things to do this week include a day of swimming, go to the Childrens Museum and ride the train in the park. Not sure which of these is on the agenda for tomorrow.
I am so glad y'all are here. I am not going to be able to eat like this everyday! Joanna, you are a fabulous cook! In my next life, I want to be a good cook and wonderful mom, just like you...kisses and see you this afternoon. Gotta hit the gym after those delicious enchiladas.
ReplyDeleteKeeping track of tropical storm Alex? You know I am, but it will be there and gone way before Galveston. Miss you all crazy but grateful that you are able to spend time with your wonderful Joachim family. High five to Nathan for winning at sorry, love the glittered toes and nails and just to let Eli know, its cloudy and slight chance of rain here today. love, mom.
ReplyDeletePS. I expect you to make me enchiladeas too.
B L I N G ! ! !
ReplyDeleteLook at those toe nails...