Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 24

We woke up early (moving west in time zones helps!) and got on the road by 10am. Not much exciting happened today. We crossed the Continental Divide and came back into PDT. By 1pm we reached Tucson. We did a bit of clothes shopping for Scott who didn't bring work clothes with him. We checked into our hotel, ordered chinese food and watched movies. Scott has a meeting in the morning, so it will be an early night.

Conversation from yesterday morning:

Nathan: Olivia....you are soooo lucky!
Olivia: Why?
Nathan: Because you are a girl and get to wear dresses (side note: I never told him he couldn't wear dresses!)
Olivia: Oh.
Nathan: Maybe when I grow up I can be a girl and wear dresses.
Olivia: No Nathan. When you grow up you will still be a boy.
Nathan: Oh. (sad sigh)
Olivia: That's just the way it is. You are what you are, and you have to be happy with it!

3 comments:

  1. I love your kiddles! So glad you are gypsies for a month. These memories will last forever. Big hugs and see you soon.
    Michi
    p.s. Post some pix of my lovely lil' prima.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll start a savings now for therapy later.
    Hey he could wear a sarong now, he probably likes the variety and patterns and the coolness of dress's. I love and miss you all. What a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That conversation was hilarious! I know y'all are having fun, wish I was with you - well, at the Hampton, not camping.

    ReplyDelete