Had kind of a late check out (9am) this morning from the hotel. It is about 150 miles from Las Vegas to Barstow, and I wanted to be there by 12noon. Since it is my birthday, I had a check list I wanted to accomplish.
1. Leave Vegas
2. Re-enter California
3. Listen to music I wanted to listen to all day (hello Michael Franti!)
4. Show up on my grandparents door to surprise them for an afternoon.
And...we accomplished everything! We showed up at my grandparents house at about 12:30. My grandma's reaction was just what I was hoping for. Shock, shrill gasping and happiness! She thought we were already home, so it was such a huge surprise! My mom suggested we maybe give them 20 minutes notice, but my grandma said she is glad we didn't. She loved being so shocked.
The kids got a chance to run around, play in the sprinkler, have Del Taco for lunch, have popsicles and strawberries w/whip cream for desert. Truly spoiled!
We left at about 5:30 and headed to Bakersfield. By 7:30 we are all tucked into bed at the Hampton Suites (yeah Hampton!). I swear it is nicer than the Aria in Las Vegas. Maybe not as fancy, but at least we have a fridge, microwave, free popcorn, free internet, free breakfast and nice big room. Can't say the same for the uber fancy Aria!
Tomorrow we are off to the bay area. Spaghetti with cousins Friday night, Dim Sum Saturday morning with friends and home Saturday evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So wish I was with you! Love to all.
ReplyDelete