Woke up at 6am to noisy trucks and porta potty smells. We got up and immediately started packing up, promising the kids we would go find a restaurant back in Sedona. After a nice, hearty meal (think Golden Harvest meets the Southwest), we got back on the road towards Las Vegas. I have lots of mixed feelings about coming to Vegas. It isn't my type of place to begin with. But in the summer and with 3 kids, I was really dreading it. Plus, Scott is working almost the whole time. But I have decided to take it in stride and if all else fails, the kids are thrilled to watch endless TV in a hotel room.
We crossed the Hoover Dam in the late afternoon. The temperatures reached 120 degrees, but the views were beautiful. We got stopped for extra screening before crossing the dam. I guess the Yakima rack means we could be carrying guns or other explosives (at least that is what they questioned us about). The extra screening is a response to 9-11-01. There is major construction going on for 20 miles before and after the dam building a bypass. Pretty soon you won't automatically cross the dam, but have to make an effort to visit it. Super impressive stuff.
We got into Vegas at 5:30 and to our hotel, Aria, by 6pm. Our car is too big for the subterranean parking. I had to park with the RV's and get a ride back.
Hotel is very nice (I still love the Hampton though!) with lots to do without ever leaving it. I feel a little claustrophobic looking outside, but I think that could subside in a few days. It is nice to have a bed again, but I am looking forward to Thursday morning when we hit the road again. As Eli says "Hit it Mama...hit it!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Eli, you tell your momma and daddy to bring you home! Enough heat, come back to sweater country.
ReplyDelete