Monday, July 5, 2010

Day 14 - Part 2

4th of July started just like a normal day. We did some grocery shopping for our Falafal dinner. We took a quick dip in the neighborhood pool. We got the kids dressed in their 4th of July best. We cooked dinner and had Popsicles for desert...Took some photos... After dinner we made a plan to find a great parking place to watch the downtown fireworks. Our first parking lot pick was closed, so we drove around for a minute and found an empty, grassy lot that was facing where the fireworks would be going off. Well...we started something because in about 45 minutes, about 30 other cars joined us. Still, we had a nice grassy area all to our selves to have a little picnic...
Sharon showed me some camera settings that I have been playing around with. This picture shows my view from my chair. It wasn't this light out, but leaving the shutter open for 15 seconds let me capture this...
Then I used the firework settings to capture our show...

Leaving our little grassy spot was no picnic. It might have been the worst traffic I have ever seen. But Scott's phone has real time traffic congestion tracking. Some team work got us home while others (no names) hadn't moved 2 blocks.

Overall it was a great day. Of course any day is a good day when you wake up the next morning and you are still wearing the same thing from the day before!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sweating just reading this. The humidity must be the worst part of the heat, oh well, looks like you find the cool spots to hit.
    Thank you for all the 4th photo's, the kids look so cute in their shirts and dress. Anne, you look wonderful, you give me inspiration and hope.
    have fun at the seashore and Scott, relax and have some fun, you have earned it. Love you all.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Jealous. I can't remember the last time I've seen a real fireworks show. Blah to the Humboldt County Fog

    ReplyDelete